Saturday, February 10, 2007

troubles with l-o-v-e

I have to create some sweetsie lovey table decorations for the red & pink dinner I'm putting together. I am planning on cutting big-ish hearts out of brown craft paper, then loosely painting them with polka dots, etc. Needs to be quick, not a big time investment... and I started doing some quick little sketches to get the old juices flowing, and clearly, I am just not that sweet. Like, I hate Easter decorations. Love Easter, like lambs & bunnies & chicks just fine, but i hate Easter decorations. They are so... splenda.

So this sweetsy heart thing for a surly girl is just not easy- or at least not easy today. Maybe because Matt brought home the Break Up last night? I was so glad they didn't get back together at the end of the movie. And I was SO glad that Matt & I never had to break up- I just could not bear doing that with him, which is, I guess, why we're married.

So I'll just be sucking it up and being uninspired. Unless a lightning bolt strikes.


And I am definitely looking forward to making these for the Pink Potluck. I told everyone that dessert would be a pink potluck, so good luck & get creative...



I'm totally not sure about the Pam. Will they be slimey? But if I don't Pam, could I get them out of the tin? Slimey jello would be gross, but stuck jello would be a bummer.

Much, much LOVE,
Annie

2 comments:

Festive Fibers said...

First off I love the jello cupcake idea, wow, fun!

Second, for the painty things for your hearts for table decorations...forget the brush. Cut up potatoes/sponges and stamp your patterns! Fast easy and even less clean-up.

Festive Fibers said...

2/13
How is your pink potluck going?
YOu have to take a photo of the tables all set up before people arrive!
XO