Monday, February 5, 2007

[lame] inaugural sketch

Here it is, the very first sketch. The blue sucker from the hospital, my tool of choice this past week with a sick Miss Lovely, forever immortalized. The mini tot stapler is a true vintage, from my mother's desk... I have one little box of staples that I have moved with me everywhere since I was in college. And the goldfish... yum. Can't believe Miss Lovely will soon be eating these right along with me?

Sketching with a wiggling babe on your lap adds a whole new challenge- kind of like drawing with your non-dominant hand. They should do this in Drawing 101... it would promote the use of birth control among art students across the country, as well as remind these students that their art is not the center of the universe. There are other forces, such as drool and spit up, that clearly deserve attention and resolution.



-Annie

No comments: