Sunday, February 11, 2007

Hypnotizing Babs

Happy Sunday! You know I did not like that movie. I was expecting funny not sad.

OK, so my brother and new sister-in-law came to visit yesterday. They live in San Diego, and were visiting my parents in SOPO, ME...drove over for the day. I made a de-lish-us lunch. Chicken and potato hash, and prosciutto wrapped asparagus (then broiled so the prosc. is crispy) and then made a very yummy cake. None of the foods I made I had ever made before, and they were all quite tasty. Get this, the name of the cake I made, and this is the only reason I made it, is the St. Louis Ooey Gooey Berry Butter Cake, kind of like a white sour cream cake topped with a cheese cake topping, and yummy as well.

The most interesting thing about their visit is my SIL showed me how to hypnotize Babette. I have never been able to do this and have read about people being able to do this to their bunnies. She did it once to show me and then I tried, and it works! I am going to practice it with Babs. It apparently is reminiscent to baby bunnies mommies carrying their babies and really zones them out, you can lay them on their backs! and they just lay there! In case you don't remember Babette she is angora grey and white spots with black Cleopatra eyes. She is 8 years old this month and I can't believe we haven't been able to do this to her or her brother their whole lives! Our princess......


Oh well, I gotta get a felt laid out, it has beautiful fall-ish colors and very linear and splashy type motifs, and will be used by the customer as a wall hanging. I'll take a pic when it is done.

2 comments:

Annie said...

i love the babs sketch!
have never heard of hypnotizing bunnies though. sounds a little voodoo, nic...

Festive Fibers said...
This comment has been removed by the author.