Friday, May 25, 2007

You know what town I love? Salt Lake City. Just came back from a mini-trip, and I like it even more than I did the last time I was there. Oh- get this- they have an Ikea! Brand spanking new, happened to be the grand opening. I do love me a little Ikea...

Went here and bought a very cool old mirror (sans frame, with the silver chipping off) and some old flash cards (can't wait to show you what I'm doing with those!) for Miss Lovely's room. Also went to Liberty Park and checked out the aviary- I don't mean to be a bird dork, but I have to tell you... I loved that aviary. There were peacocks strutting all over the place, and they were tame enough that a little boy was stroking one's feathers. If I knew where my camera was (still not completely unpacked, eek), I'd be posting all 83 pics I took of the peacocks. It was ridiculous!

But here now is my sketchy item. I was planning on making an alpahbet quilt with sketchy patches for a friend's baby shower, but the ink is bleeding a bit more than I think is cool on the fabric. So now I regroup and figure out an alternate design for the quilt. Did I mention that the shower is on Sunday? Yup, just like me. So out the window go these fun letters... but I'm thinking about turning them into a book for Miss Lovely. We'll see.


Have a great holiday weekend!!! Get setchy and do a little posting, would ya? :)


xoxo

Annie


4 comments:

Eva said...

Hi Annie!
I like your Alphabet! I would love to make one like this from mini quilts or... I guess, everything I like has to do something with fabric :)

Annie said...

Funny you should mention mini quilts- they are on my brain, am doing one for the whiplash challenge. It has been such a fun project! The idea is overwhelming, but maybe if they were 6" square super mini quilts it would work?

Eva said...

yes, they would be perfect! I like mini quilts because of the size - you can finish them in a "second" :) so you don`t get tired of one project.

Festive Fibers said...

Bleeding issue?

Try your sketchy stuff on your wacom and then print the file out on transfer paper then iron it on a poly/cotton fabric?

Don't forget to reverse the image!