Friday, May 4, 2007

annie who?


Ahem, yes, well then. I'm back.

Sorry for the long silence- a bit ridiculous, I know. We were gone for several weeks, came home sick... and Miss Lovely has her first tooth!

Here is a pattern I picked up while on our trip, along with 2 fabrics and Chicken Boy's paws. He isn't feeling so hot (a little surgery is coming up on Monday, poor baby), so he is shadowing me all over the place. Tripping over 95 pounds isn't fun... silly old boy. I love him.

The dress will be whipped up for the wedding season- plan on doing the sleeveless/long length version. Haven't followed a pattern in years, so this oughtta be interesting. Went with a creamy butter but not quite yellow linen- 5 yards is h-e-a-v-y! The numbers are for something for Miss Lovely, don't know what yet. Maybe a smock of some kind? Oh, am hoping that there will be enough linen left over to make a little dress for her too, since she will also be attending nuptials this season. I cannot BELIEVE I am dorking out like this, thinking of making her a dress out of the same fabric as mine to be worn to the same parties. I have grown old and sappy! Next thing you know I'll be insisting on having mother daughter portaits done every year at Olan Mills. (nooooooo!)

Nothing sketchy on my mind today.

Kelli? Anything you would like to chat about? Hmmmmmmmm??? How 'bout that needle sketch? Pretty please put a picture of it up, even if it is unfinished! And what is happening with Book? Did I tell you I got an email from Mr. Oliver Jeffers himself?!?!

Erica- re:sketchbooks, I use 8.5x11 paper and cardstock exclusively now. Can't bring myself to mess up a perfect new sketchbook, and I have too many 1/2 finished books- they make me sick to my stomach with guilt. Instead of binding my pages at the Kink, I just have a bunch of black 3-ring binders that they get 'filed' in. Note that I use the term file veeerry, very loosely.

Nic- I am so jealous of your friend. I wish it was the old days when you & I were taking tea at Burdick's. And you have some packages heading your way, my dear, with prizes inside...

Leslie- Loved seeing your first post- want to see what you've been looking at lately. Tell us about the new digs, too!

Jill?! I see in your new blog on your revamped site that you are off to NY- lucky girl! Please pop in when you have a chance and share the highlights of the stationery show. And hooray that Joy is joining you! I'm a faithful lurker of her blog. Tell her congrats from sketchy :)




1 comment:

Erica Mulherin said...

Glad you're back! I LOVE that pattern you picked up. I am planning to do a bit of sewing once school is over...T Minus 8 days and counting...oi! Thanks for sharing your sketchbooks, I really think that is how I am going to start doing mine as well.