Monday, May 7, 2007

how 'bout a little help?


i've been goofing around with a little lino cutting, and... well, see how its not going so well? i bought little cutters, the blocks, and some very permanent black ink, which i am too afraid to try. cause its, you know, permanent.


i've been thinning out acrylic & swiping it onto the blocks, and i really like how you can see brush strokes with this 'technique'... but any suggestions for me for getting more even color? and of course i decided it would be really fantastic to try and figure all this out for the mothers day cards i'm making that have to go in the mail tomorrow.


i don't think i've ever done any printing at all in any form in school- am realizing, though, that specifics of classes 10 years ago (egads) are... gone. *sigh*


i love this lino thing- i loved carving when i used to be a furniture girl (though i sure hated carving for a long time). this is bringing back memories of when i used to be cool and listened to soul coughing and the squirrel nut zippers over and over and over in the studio...

3 comments:

Eva said...

I have no idea about paint, but I tell you these chicks look adorable! Especially because the color is so spring-y and fresh !

Festive Fibers said...

I love lino cut!!! I love even better buying the white blocks of eraser stuff and using exacto knives for cutting...cuts like buddah. It's great for quick stamps and such. I just went to look for a block of it and couldn't find it in my stash, but I am sure you can find it through Pearl Paint. Hint: If you have an old lino block, warm it with an iron, lightly, it will soften it and be easier to cut...watch for your little fingers. My mom did wood cuts...wow, and I thought felt making was labor intensive!

Erica Mulherin said...

Those are so cute!! I have never done lino cut so I can't give advice from experience. I have always wanted to try it though...very inpsiring Annie!!