Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Well, Spring must have sprung, this Blog is quiet! My digital camera is in a funk, so not very reliable but I still have my scanner and I HAVE PLANS!

Two days ago I went to coffee at Burdick's with my girl friend. Annie you know Burdick's very well. She is a studying painter and getting very good. She is in a group, 6 women large, and they exhibited their art at the restaurant. The walls were full of their art. I wanted to have coffee there with her and see her pieces and then, inspire each other. Well, she was very good at inspiring me! She has been challenging me to get my easel out of my closet for months. (It is actually Tom's that Igave him for Christmas or something years ago, that he never even set up) So I brought it to the loft in my studio and it is partially set up. The back leg is confusing me...can't quite figure it out.

As we were sharing ideas...You know Annie this is just why you started Sketchy Artists...she said something that shook the cobwebs in my brain to remember something I had previously thought about and pushed aside. I had thought a couple of years ago that I would paint, small pieces of art, postcard to 8"x10" pieces, and sell them on my web site $75.00-$200.00 prices, unframed. Heck I have a web site already set up and a mailing list of over 2000 admirers, and an in-stock page for my fiber art, but why not add an art gallery page where I can create small paintings and mixed media pieces and post them there to sell! So I am going to begin by painting a Trillium growing on my hill. The Pulminaria, Myrtle and Daffodils are blooming, and the tulips are next. So I will take out my water colors and acrylics and paint small "Snap Shots" from my garden. I will scan and post them as I start getting a few.

I have also asked her to ask me to join her doing plein air painting when she goes out.

Wish me luck girls!

1 comment:

Annie said...

nic, i can't wait to see the paintings... be sure to post them!