Friday, June 1, 2007

Last night I went to a place in White River Junction called http://tiptoppottery.com/.

Thursday nights they do a ladies night you paint any ceramic shape they have in the place. The studio time is half price for the gals, so like $4.00 for the evening and then the piece I painted was a plate, $9.00. The $9.00 includes the bisque piece, all the glazes and the firing. There is a restaurant next door, that bring tables service into the pottery studio, so all these gals were sitting around eating on china drinking their BringYOwine, and a cutie patootie brought their dinners right in to their pottery tables! How could you go wrong? (My girlfriend and I brought yogurts! that's how!)

OK Now back in Feb I did a pair of plates. I never took their pics to show you, but I am so excited about last night's plate. I will take it's picture when I get it next week, along with the inspiration, and I will also include the pair I did for Valentine's Day. You all will LOVE my most recent plate and it's inspiration. I already see a line og dish ware I have to draw out!

I mentioned a little local store called http://rugglesandhunt.com/ . The web site doesn't do it justice even thought they have in-store shots. The owner has a real fun eye. So, Annie, send me the set of 3 key rings I ordered and I will bring them over to her and get your order going. One suggestion. Laminate the cardboard before stitching, for a little more longevity? I love the word stamped in it. And babe there is nothing wrong with "sketching" out your ideas in real time real finished product!

Gotta love the mechanisms in our art spaces that help us visualize something post-concept!

1 comment:

Annie said...

I wanna go to tiptop and eat yogurt and paint plates! And R&H looks great- in little old Walpole, who knew?! Key rings will be sent the last week of June- too many irons in the fire this week, we leave on Sat to go see Matt's family, not home until the 20th, I think. And I got the hunk o' wool and I LOVE it!!!! Thank you!!!!