Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Watercolor Nature Studies

Well Girls, I've been busy with my watercolors. And have plans for lots more. I love this little size painting idea, they are all about 5"x7". And I have to paint fast because some of these flowers are so tender. I want to do more poppies, later in the summer, I will have little purple poppies coming up. I had been sitting in my garden, but the black flies and mosquitoes are H.U.N.G.R.Y! So now I am cutting them (the flowers not the bugs) and bringing them into my studio. Oh - and my studio has a new addition. I have a BIG pin-up wall, and my overhead lighting is full spectrum florescents shining up to the ceiling. I have wanted my halogens for so long, so I took a strip from my show booth corner, and tied them to a ladder hanging on a cross beam, shining down onto my pin-up wall. So now I have GALLERY LIGHTING!!! Every time I bring my sweetie in the studio to show him the newest water color, I preface the trip in by saying, oh, let me go first so I can turn on the gallery lights!! It just cracks us up!!!



6 comments:

Erica Mulherin said...

Wow Nicole, those are beautful! I love the poppies.

Festive Fibers said...

I so love the poppies as well. Today I went to a girlfriend's to get eggs (she sells them) I am planning to do a still life with subtle colored eggs. And she had these amazing poppies in her garden..The same style as my orange and coral but they were really dark red. Not the red california poppies (or the "other" kind) I think I will take my paints and sit in her garden to paint that red poppy!

Eva said...

These are truly amazing!
They remind me of Georgia O`Keefe ...

Festive Fibers said...

What a compliment, Eva, I love Georgia O'Keefe.

Chi said...

very beautiful! i especially like the boldness of the colors.

Anonymous said...

Very nice..