Friday, March 2, 2007

Hi All
Boy I feel like I have been away for ages, but I swear I have been creating. The bummer of the moment is that my hubby moved my scanner in the house and I want it here so I can show you little things I have been doing, (a little whining here, sorry) so for now I will tell. But first things first, welcome Kelli.

This past weekend I taught a color theory class in MA. We only had 4 students, it was joined by a second day of fiber dynamics (a felting class) and all very good. I did a little collage as a last synopsis of the color day and love what I did. (Scan to follow) I have done this color theory class a few times and usually have about a dozen students, but this time we had time of year, winter weather undependable and it was a joint class, both more technical rather than project classes.

I am working on felt orders, dyeing fiber, I finished fulling a rug that won't shrink down enough- whew!, and waiting for more fiber to arrive in the door to finish another order. Gotta pay the bills! Oh yeah and the tax thing (Tom did most of it over the past month, but there was a lot of running and finding bits of papers and numbers, finished yesterday and mailed to my accountant, yeah) BUT... While I am doing these things I am also working hard on my next incarnation, Nicole Chazaud Designs
I am painting my favorite Festive Fibers designs onto paper in a new coordinated color palette. I am planning to take them to manufacturers who will commit to produce my patterns as licensed properties. As the line comes together and becoming really tangible, I am getting great response from some manufacturers, and have two appointments next week. One a wall covering company and the other a floor covering company. I am so excited I can't paint fast enough!

I have also taken on an interesting challenge. I have offered a drawing idea to my church. Congregational. Their weekly bulletins have had very plain covers. So this year I suggested that I would like to contribute illustrations for each week. I have done 5 or 6 so far. Each one is either a seasonal image or related to the scriptures read that Sunday. I must say this is a very interesting exercise, as it is all B&W, and I am working in pen and ink with grey washes. I have always loved pen and ink, and I have always also loved making caricatures for cards and the like, so this is very fun for me. But also challenging, drawing people that look like their anatomy is doing the right thing. Oh, I've had life drawing years ago (there's a funny story there), but I AM RUSTY. But I must say so far the congregation is enjoying seeing these covers. My final goal for my church is fund raising. When I get the whole year, I will put together DVDs and sell them at church conferences and hopefully sell them to a company who produces liturgical clip art, and have the royalties go to my church.

Dance for Joy
(Or God's Hoedown :) )

The Irish Blessing

"Follow Me"

"God's Glory"

(These images are copyrighted)

OK now I feel like I've caught up

Oh - Annie, a few things, how do I get my photo on the comment screen or in the artist profile, and can you e-mail me your little copyright symbol? And the coolest thing about the Picasso theft is that I have a cousin who is a detective in Paris who works specifically recovering stolen art. When I read about this I wondered if he was working on this case?

Funny just went to post this and an error came up saying that explaination points are not allowed, weird.

2 comments:

Annie said...

Re: painting for NCD - what is driving the creative process for you? Inspirations? Colors?

And © = hold alt key down & type 0169.

Glad you're back, m'dear- any photos from color thoery class?

Festive Fibers said...

Patterns and colors ofr NCD, are based on well established patterns I have done as Festive Fibers. The colors are focusing at the Contract/Hospitality industry...my goal is to divide the line into "Season" so those colors we relate to winter spring summer and fall, so I can show soft and subdued or my famous brights. I also get inspiration for color just lnowing what the market has, if I have something a bit more interesting, my hope is to make a difference. I'll post a photo of me teaching the color class!