Saturday, March 24, 2007

hellllloooooo

i'm so sorry for the delay in posting, i've also got the excuse of having my mom in town for the past few weeks. thanks so much for inviting me to join in though, i'm really enjoying reading what inspires everyone (i'm a huge magazine addict too so it was great to see that someone has a bigger problem than me!). i thought i'd continue the inspiration theme and share some images i recently took while down on the great ocean road here in australia. i find the colours and textures of the beach endlessly inspiring - gorgeous muted tones and unexpected combinations of smooth and rough, light and dark...

great ocean road::sand patterns
natural sand movement creates such amazing patterns...

great ocean road::rock patterns
amazing textures in this rock...

great ocean road::sea treasures
naturally frosted sea glass, seaweed and coral...

great ocean road::seaweed
smooth seaweed in an unbelievable array of colours, shapes and sizes...

great ocean road::my favourite colours
my favourite colours...

great ocean road::rock patterns
more incredible rock patterns...

6 comments:

Erica Mulherin said...

Oh my god those photos are so very beautiful! I love the colors, they are very inspiring. Thanks for sharing!

Erica Mulherin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Annie said...

Hooray! You're here! Thank you for the photos- the sand one is incredible. And I love the ribbon of seaweed. The coral on the sea glass - the shadows are great! I could go on and on here... I love the mountains, but damn I miss the beach.

Jan Halvarson said...

beautiful photos

Cally said...

Hi Leslie
Thanks for your comment over at Sew Green, I'm tickled pink if I can influence even one person to think differently about their savings.

I didn't put too much on the Australia list as most tended to be specific to different areas, especially the Credit Unions, so there may be a lot more option if you check the internet.

How exciting that you are over here sharing a blog with Jill Bliss, my fave california queen of colour!

Love these beachy pics you've shown, they will compensate for the fact that I was meant to be going camping at the beach today for a few days, but cramps are keeping me home (and blogging, so it ain't all bad).

Eva said...

Hi and first of all, thanks for your comment!
I love your pictures of sand, and beach. I envy you so much, you have a sea where you live. Here in Germany( Frankfurt) I can only dream about it. And I come from Estonia, where you are practically surrounded by sea. I miss all that!