Monday, March 12, 2007

Funk?

OK Artistically speaking, no pity parties babe! This is what this blog is for. Excitement and inspiration, right? Love your suggestion to get back into your old sketchbooks Erica. I use mine all the time. The funniest thing I see, since my sketch books are mostly receptacles for magazine clippings of things I love, is that gee, my taste is consistent!

I am going to share one of the exercises I do with my color theory groups. It is really the culmination of the session but it is also a great exercise to inspire.
1. Find a great picture from a magazine.
2. Interpret it into a colorful collage. You can either reinterpret it in textures and color mixed media collage, or use the image as the base to embellish. I have included the one I did. I loved the red and green use in the photo (pure complimentary colors) and I loved the action of the model. The little color bits were cut from paint chips.


I am sorry to hear of Matt's dad, and will keep him my prayers.

No comments: