Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Confessions of a Magazine Junkie

I just realized how much of an admitted mag junkie I am. There was a thread on another group I belong to asking what the magazines we read, here's my list....ready?


Paid subscriptions (This does change every year too):
Selvedge
Echoes/memebrship
American Craft/membership
Architectural Digest
Mary Engelbreights (I never spell her name right) Home Companion
Rachel Ray's Every Day
Domino
O (a gift subscription)
Vogue
Western Interiors & Design
Casual Living (not so interesting, and free)
Dwell
Metropolis
Metropolitan Home
Interior Sources
Cloth Paper Scissors
Yankee
Fiber Arts
I am waiting on other free subscriptions to arrive in my post box as we speak! (mostly trades)

Pick up from the news stand on a regular basis:
Country Home
Home
Cooking Light
Belle Amoure

Twice a year I go to Borders or some such place, even better if I am NYC, and load up my arms with anything interiors and foreign, I love the Australian Elle Decor, English and Italian

And the truth is, when I get subscription specials in the mail for ...like...Elle Decor one year for 7.00US$ I ask you how can a girl say NO!

See what I am up against?! Oh and what about those family members who are enablers? My parents just recently gave me 10 years worth of my dad's Saveur's he had been saving. I thought, O, I will cut that up too, but as I started devouring it, the beautiful photography and recipes I realize they must have their own shelf as well.


I am sure there are more that I have forgotten, and will see them laying by my bed tonight, and I will say "oh yes, I love you too!" ZZZZZ


Oh and then there are catalogues...I won't go there...yet

2 comments:

Annie said...

I am a junkie too... and I didn't know you got selvedge- zoinks! I keep choking on the $90 rate for 6 issues- worth it, I know, but.... choke! And I LOVE my Saveur. Cook's Illustrated is incredible too- very involved in the science of food, great reading. I love Cottage Living for the attention they pay to small (real) spaces, as well as the Sara Foster food section... Country Living- yum. And is it me or has Country Home gotten 1,000 times better? And I still love Dwell. Not every issue, but lots of them!

Eva said...

Oh, me too!!!! I already confessed my sin on my blog too :)
http://applendeve.blogspot.com/2007/03/sunny-wednesday.html

I have to check out those magazines, what You have on the list now :)