Friday, September 14, 2007

It is starting to feel like Fall!


Most of the leaves on our trees are still green but they are taking on that yellowy orangy tinge of early fall. Because we had no rain here for over 6 weeks, (we just had a nice 2 days finally) I think the leaves will be very colorful. Some had a hard time with the hot weather and no rain, but...I keep picking up little gems like the ones I scanned here...this is what I love about Fall...

ALSO:

sweaters

Wool

Toasty fires

One pot meals

The smell of the heat coming on in the house (after I stop sneezing!)

Seeing my breath in the air

The ideas of apple picking

making apple pies (or any pies)

waiting for my butternut squash to rippen

My birthday - coming up soon...happy anniversary to Annie (the same day as my birthday)

Halloween and doing goofy things for when the kids come asking for treats

So as I list these great things I also am heading to Florida to a trade show next week. I will stay with my sister and her boys, who are almost men now, we visit the middle nephew in college, he's a freshman and loving it so far. They are taking me to Islands of Adventure for the day. I have never done anything like that kind of theme park so it should be fun. My sister also says there is a tropical stoorm brewing so if it builds to anything it will probably be when I am ready to get on the plane and go back! It is hurricane season in Florida after all!

Have a great week everyone, drop a line when you get a change too, let us hear what we all have been up to...I know crazy busy...but at least you aren't alone!

2 comments:

kneek said...

Hey Nicole,
I was in my local yarn store today and saw a new felt book that just came in. What a nice surprise to see your ottoman featured there; after seeing it in the flesh this summer it was neat to see the project in print. Well done!

Festive Fibers said...

Isn't it cool? I am amazed that anyone would even try to do an ottoman that way...me I would much rather do it as a workshop...but Carol Cypher's book is great and very nicely done. I am glad to be a part of it