Friday, October 5, 2007

Yup Fall here too








Well, I am back from Miami and the HD Boutique Show, and it is 80 degrees here in SW New Hampshire. Summer! The leaves are slowly turning, and for the first year in the 7 we have lived here, there is actual variety in color. One of the sugar maples over my studio is going into oranges. I guess that's what very little rain does.

I have a project featured in a book written by Carol Cypher called How We Felt. She highlights a number of feltmakers and we each submitted a beautiful object and supplied her with the recipe for the instructions. I must say it looks great.

This week was my Birhday and Annies' anniversary! Happy days for each of us.

Though, that said we had a hard week. Our little bunny girl Babette, broke her back in the garden Saturday afternoon. She got xrayed and pain meds, and we brought her back in the AM, none of our bunny vets were availbale so we were recommended to take her to Tufts in Wooster MA, their exotic Dr was on vacation, so the intern suggested we go to Boston to Angell, MSCPA. 5 hours later, our bunny girl was admitted, over night to start. We got a hotel room, and went back the next morning. She was xrayed again and she has a small fracture in her back that most likely pierced her spinal cord. Everyone at Angell were wonderful and we had lots of other guidance during the stressful event. This story is longer so I will keep it short...She is home, we are keeping her safe, she is eating and trying to scoot about. She can do the side to side, a bit forward and circles. She gets frustrated and pushes off too hard a few times and turns her self upside down. But we think she is going to get the hang of it. We are going to get a bunny mobile for her, and strap her up! Bionic Bunny here we come!





Also other news I am taking a part time job dipping chocolate at Burdicks. It is a seasonal thing and I just keep seeing visions of Lucy and Ethel in the chocolate factory. Except it will be my girlfriend and me!








AND...Annie, did you check out the Fall issue of Country Living? The Keene Pumpkin Festival is featured in it. We are going this year. We have never gone but I have made a promise to do it this Fall, and very excited about it!

No comments: